JOB TITLE: Barrel Plating Operator
LOCATION: Tampa Bay Area, FL
PAY RATE: $12.12 per hour + $1 shift differential
WORK HOURS: Various Shifts
Position involves following the work instructions to plate loose piece parts according to specifications to ensure work is performed effectively and to quality and performance standards while maintaining high levels of safety and workplace organization as it applies to this position
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Operate and monitor barrel plating equipment effectively to Quality and performance standards
• Make the necessary chemical adds and replacing anodes on an as needed basis
• Perform and accurately follow barrel plating process flow to ensure appropriate quality of product and process.
• Startup and shut down the barrel plating line and operate the barrel plating control panel
• Assist in daily and monthly preventative maintenance activities; perform weekly tin tank change out
• Backup to the plating and wastewater coordinator for operations that relate to barrel plating operations
• Accurately complete all required paperwork
• Perform SAP confirmations and print label program using a desktop computer
• Monitor quality of parts produced by performing visual inspections to identify visual defects in parts.
• Actively support and/or participate in 6S, EHS, Quality, and GLSS programs by following all approved practices and procedures, performing clean-up activities, and identify/recommend improvements to Management.
• Fulfill responsibilities/authorities detailed in any control plan associated with this position.
• Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
Position Requirements REQUIREMENTS:
• High School Diploma or G.E.D.
• 1+ years of experience in the annealing and vibratory wash areas within finishing department
• Able to use the necessary quality tools as it relates to this position.
• Industrial Technology Certification (Preferred)
• Prior plating operations (Preferred)
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Able to effectively operate safely in a high-pressure environment
• Able to proactively work independently as well as with others with limited supervision
• Able to effectively communicate verbally and in writing
• Able to lift and transport up to 50lbs and stand throughout the duration of the shift
• Able to work regularly scheduled hours with overtime as needed
• Able to work an alternate shift as required
• Working knowledge of SAP along with basic computer skills
• Forklift license or the ability to obtain one within 30 days of job placement