Plans and prepares production schedules for the manufacture of cable and wire harness assemblies for prime military contractors.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Draws up master schedule to establish sequence and lead time of each operation to meet shipping dates according to sales forecasts and customer orders.
• Analyzes production specifications and facility capacity data and performs mathematical calculations to determine manufacturing processes, tools and personnel requirements.
• Plans and schedules workflow for each department and operation according to previously established manufacturing sequences and lead times.
• Confers with department supervisors to determine status of assigned projects.
• Expedites operations that delay schedules and alters schedules to meet unforeseen conditions.
• Prepares production reports.
• Performs related duties as required.
5-10 years in a production control position in a high volume manufacturer of products for the military.
Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent mathematical ability to evaluate and assess resources and variables that impact production.
• Excellent interpersonal skills to maintain working relationships with various departmental representatives.
• Necessary computer skills to track and document various schedules, projects and resource availability.
• Ability to evaluate and document information in an understandable format for management review.
• Manufacturing floor and office environment
• Extended periods of time spent on production floor communicating with technicians, engineers, assemblers and supervisory personnel
• Extensive use of computer and specialty software programs
• Exposed to minimum to moderate noise levels on production floor
• Minimum lifting of 20 pounds or less
Please send your resume to Kasia at firstname.lastname@example.org
Position is in St Petersburg, FL
Hours: Monday-Friday 8am-5pm
Starting pay: $800/week-depending on experience