PACKAGING CORPORATION OF AMERICA
Job Posting: Flexo Folder Gluer Helper
1st Shift (7:00 AM – 3:30 PM)
SUMMARY: Responsible for all activities associated with assisting in running the flexo including setup, operation, cleanup, and recommending improvements to operations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Set-up rails, print, and die cut section on Flexo accurately in accordance with proper setup techniques.
• Inspect all dies before and after run to ensure that any necessary repairs are made before the next run.
• Ensure all bolts for cutting dies are in place and tightly secured.
• Maximize the utilization of the equipment by operating the machinery at available capacity.
• Monitor box quality, including, but not limited to, loose liner, warp, correct size, and print.
• Ability to read a tape measure.
• Check anilox rolls for damage.
• Maximize the utilization of equipment by operating the machinery at available capacity and speed.
• Assist Operator, Assistant Operator and Utility with job duties on the machine.
• Cross-train on other machines.
• Complete necessary reports in an accurate and timely manner, including but not limited to: Production Data, Machine Operational Status, Safety Data, Quality Data.
• Turn in maintenance work orders to supervision for needed repairs. Be proactive in the maintenance of equipment.
• Switch duties with Assistant Operator, and Utility as necessary.
• Comply with all company policies and procedures, including safety and maintaining good housekeeping.
• Adheres to production schedule. Makes recommendations for optimizing the schedule to meet cost, quality and service goals. Reports any unusual scheduling issues to Supervisor.
• Wears personal protective equipment at all times in the production area.
• Report to work on time as scheduled.
• Additional duties may be assigned by management.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear for 12 hours on a daily basis. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or GED.
Candidates are PREFERRED who offer the following:
• Prior work experience in the corrugated industry.
• 2 months’ experience as a Press Department Helper.
• 2 months’ experience in the Press and Finishing Department.
In order to be considered an applicant you need to meet the requirements for the position and submit electronically the Application for Employment. Please refer to our website page: www.timbar.com to apply online.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer of Choice