The Business Advisor works to increase company and the affiliated Manufacturer's Association's market positions and financial growth. The Business Advisor builds key customer relationships, identifies business opportunities, negotiates and closes business deals and maintains extensive knowledge of current market conditions. The Business Advisor will have manufacturing and operational expertise that can guide client firms through a comprehensive assessment of the strategy, a discovery process to identify opportunities for growth, and connectivity to public and private service providers to assist them along their development pathway.
This position will serve manufacturers in Pinellas, Hillsborough, Pasco and Hernando counties.
- Experience in manufacturing leadership preferable C-Level or engineering. And/or experience as a consultant to manufacturers. Bachelor's degree or higher in engineering or business.
- Will be expected to have the skills necessary to conduct business assessments and make recommendations to improve productivity.
- Will need to be knowledgeable of training partners for employers interested in third party training
- Need to maintain good relations with regional manufacturing associations, Florida makes, workforce boards, universities and colleges.
- Main office will be Epicenter but will be out meeting with customers most of the time
- Will market workforce programs offered through local and state boards.
- Conduct sales calls to companies. Prospect for potential clients.
- Conduct on-site business assessments of manufacturers. This protocol will allow the Business Advisor to have a structured approach to developing an efficient growth strategy for the firm. The Assessment will lead to fee-based projects, creating measurable impacts for the manufacturer.
- Develop Business Networks. Structured and facilitated peer-to-peer, fee-based network groups of manufacturing leaders organized by region, industry type, or a topic-specific interest area (lean, ISO, etc.) that allow for sharing of best practice, network-driven leadership development, plant visits and benchmarking, and company-focused case analysis.
- The Business advisor will recruit and organize a network, and assist in the design, development, and delivery of Manufacturing Association technology awareness and training events. Identify, propose and capture client training and consulting engagements for third-party delivery. Oversee, as the principal account manager, the execution, performance, and delivery of third-party client training and consulting engagements, including follow-up client satisfaction and performance surveys.
- Develop an in-depth area of expertise and become a state-wide "team lead" for this area, such as export strategies, supply chain management, lean and green, and technology transfer, as examples.
- Develop, capture and maintain information within the company CRM system to ensure the reliability, accuracy, and currency of client information throughout all stages of client relationship management, from prospect through delivery.
- Create success stories based on successful, high-impact projects with manufacturing clients.
- Prepare written monthly reports for the association, stakeholders, and company management.
- Conduct joint strategic planning to grow and expand the Manufacturer's Association market penetration and value proposition in a manner that supports the objectives of the association, company and the needs of the region's manufacturing businesses.
- Develop and cultivate partnerships with local and regional resources such as CareerSource Boards, Economic Development Agencies, Community Colleges and Universities, Chambers and other stakeholders.
- Participate in association events, industry functions, conferences, trade shows, and stakeholder events.
- Assist the management of the Manufacturing Association with association activities, including joint visits and event participation. Identify and register new members for the Manufacturing Association.
- Attend state-wide and/or national training events. Contribute best-practices to the company team.
- Other duties as required.
- Work Environment and Physical Requirements: The employee uses computer and telephone equipment, and will have extensive travel driving his/her car. The employee may be required to staff a trade show booth and conduct or participate in plant tours. The employee may be subject to low to moderate noise levels during plant tours, and may be, infrequently, exposed to fumes or airborne particles during these tours.
Must have the following in order to apply:
- Must have Bachelor's degree or higher in Engineering or business.
- Experience in manufacturing leadership preferable C-Level or engineering.
- Must have experience as a consultant to manufacturers.
- Must have knowledge of training partners for employers interested in third party training.
- Must be able to maintain relationship with regional manufacturing associations, company, workforce boards, universities and colleges.
- Must have three years P&L experience and five years progressive experience in manufacturing.
- Proven track record of successful business development and deal capture.
- Demonstrated communication and presentation skills including ability to communicate from the shop floor to the CEO/Board level.
- Commitment to achieving individual and team performance goals is required.
- Must have problem-solving, financial and strategic skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products is required.
- Ability to comply with detailed reporting requirements.
- Able to market workforce programs offered through local and state boards.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Preferred Skills:
- A Master's degree is a plus.
- Business development, consultative sales, finance and/or engineering experience is a plus.
Will be expected to have the skills necessary to conduct business assessments and make recommendations to improve productivity. Main office will be Epicenter but will be out meeting with customers most of the time. Will market workforce programs offered through local and state boards. Will maintain relations with regional manufacturing associations, company, workforce boards, universities and colleges.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position is located at the Epicenter, but the employee will be out meeting with customers most of the time. The employee will also be expected to travel within Pinellas, Hillsborough, Pasco and Hernando counties, with occasional travel throughout the state or nationally.
Email resume to: Kristin Dailey - email@example.com
Days & Hours: Will be discussed.