Position title: Etching Operator
Department: Production Manager: Etching Lead
Education: · High school diploma or equivalent experience required
Previous Work Experience:
· Previous quality control experience is preferred
· Previous manufacturing experience is preferred
· Previous experience in machine troubleshooting is preferred
· Specific personnel training is required for employees working with hazardous materials and hazardous waste.
· Must be able to frequently move about inside the manufacturing environment and access machinery.
· Must be able to lift up to 70 pounds
· Ability to safely handle and store hazardous chemicals.
· Must be able to work in a room with temperature variation.
· Work environment involves some exposure to hazards or physical risks, which require following basic safety precautions.
· Must be able to constantly use eyes to visually inspect and detect very small defects, color variations, and measurements in tubing.
1. Chemically etch and monitor lots to ensure they meet product and customer requirements.
2. Inspect and receive production materials to ensure they meet product requirements prior to use.
3. Perform random quality inspections.
4. Collect data for customers if required.
5. Identify very small defects in product and solve issue.
6. Follow MicroLumen’s procedures required for this job.
7. Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to work well with others and communicate efficiently and effectively.
- Must be self-driven with an ability to start and complete projects independently or within a group.
- Must be flexible in working overtime as needed.
- Judgment is required to know when etching machine and other equipment are malfunctioning.
- Judgment is required to modify etching parameters if etching run is in danger of being out of specification.
- Great care is required to use proper PPE and avoid chemical exposures.
- Strong analytical skills to analyze and resolve problems effectively.
Observed adherence to the following tasks:
- Start-up a run (P-123)
- In-process monitoring of a run (P-123)
- Shut down of a run (P-123)
- Completion of Optical Tensiometer training (P-124)
- Proper handling of chemical solutions (P-030)
- Proper use of spool winder
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person
Apply on Indeed or email us your resume at email@example.com