HEICO Aerospace – Seal Dynamics
Location: Tampa, FL
Status: Full Time, Employee, Exempt
Shift: First Shift (Day)
Job Category: Procurement
Exempt Education Level: bachelor’s degree, preferred.
For more than 50 years, HEICO Corporation, a NYSE traded company, has thrived by serving niche segments of the aviation, defense, space, and electronics industries by providing innovative and cost-saving products and services. HEICO’s high-energy culture focuses our Team Members’ on providing high quality products and services to our customer base, which is made up of most of the world’s airlines and the defense industry. Our leadership approach creates a dynamic environment that continually challenges our Team Members to perform their best. Forbes Magazine recently ranked HEICO as one of the 200 “Best Small Companies” and 200 “Hot Shot Stocks”.
HEICO is currently recruiting a Procurement Manager for its Seal Dynamics Business Unit, located in Tampa, FL. Employees have the option of opting into a 9/80 work week schedule.
This position will report to the Supply Chain Director within the New Product Development Group focusing on order placement, expediting, tracking, price negotiations, vendor relationships, process improvements, and aid in determining the appropriate inventory levels based on the products life cycle.
- Develop relationships with worldwide network of suppliers with the objective to turn them into partnerships.
- Leads supplier selection efforts and presents award recommendations to business unit senior
- leadership team.
- Manage the product development schedule to ensure on-time execution and superior quality.
- Control the materials logistics flow from order placement to parts on the shelf (inventory) for Seal Dynamics Tampa.
- Contact vendors daily to ensure materials and paperwork are shipped and delivered on promised due dates.
- Determine impact to Supply Chain if supplier due dates are shifted.
- Negotiate with manufacturers to support purchasing goals to achieve cost savings and timely deliveries.
- Maintain vendor contracts in the ERP system.
- Achieve lowest possible cost for material, balanced against optimal quality and schedule needs.
- Prepare purchase orders and purchase order change notices and acknowledgements.
- Prepare “out of system” purchase orders for materials, services, supplies, and miscellaneous expenses.
- Maintain timely control of orders, amendments, shipping notices, and other required documentation to assure orderly administration and retention of records.
- Maintain detailed vendor notes and delivery dates in company’s ERP system.
- Perform data analysis to uncover trends and variations and thereby facilitate proactive inventory control tools.
- Assist in managing assigned parts to ensure maximum inventory turns and minimum inventory levels.
- Communicate requirements to internal and external customers.
- Manage purchase order follow-up/confirmation/expediting process: pre-delivery follow- up, calling suppliers, obtaining/confirming delivery status, and updating the ERP system.
- Develop work instructions to implement best practices, lessons learned, and repeatability.
- Interface extensively with internal and external stakeholders to ensure seamless coordination and hand-off between all contributors to the Supply Chain function.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word and Internet search engines and browsers. Working knowledge of PowerPoint.
- Must have strong follow-up skills.
- Must be highly responsive, motivated, organized, and detail oriented.
- Must have the ability to multi-task and deal with multiple demands and changing priorities.
- Strong work ethic and sense of urgency (willingness to get the job done).
- Basic understanding reading drawings and Bill of Materials
- Minimum BS degree in Supply Chain, Business, Engineering or other related field
- Minimum 2 years material planning/buying experience
- Certificate in Supply Chain, Purchasing, or Material Management, preferred
- Basic understanding of all materials being purchased and their application
To succeed, the candidate will need to be a detail-oriented, team player with the ability to effectively articulate findings, and possess strong computer skills. This is a great position for someone who wants a challenging job, a chance to learn an exciting business, and to grow in a successful company. A strong interest in working in a sales/purchasing environment that supports a technical/engineering group would be of value. Working conditions are normal for an office environment.
No relocation will be provided.
Seal Dynamics offers growth opportunities, competitive compensation, an excellent 401K plan, and medical, dental, life, and disability insurance. Employees have the option of opting into a 9/80 work week schedule.
Please, no phone calls or faxes will be accepted. Seal Dynamics is proud to be an EEO/AA/V/H employer. For additional information on Seal Dynamics visit us online at www.sealdynamics.com.