1. How long have you been a BAMA member? Since 2017
2. What do you like most about being a BAMA member? I like the collaboration BAMA offers bringing manufacturing companies together to help each other with corresponding problems that arise across all manufacturers.
3. Tell us about your company? Kemco Systems designs and manufactures energy and water conservation systems and equipment for applications regarding Water Reuse/Recycle, Wastewater Treatment, Wastewater Filtration, Efficient Hot Water Heating, High Pressure Pumping, Wastewater Heat Recovery, Stack Heat Recovery, Chiller, Vapor/Steam Curing and Conditioning, and Total System Monitoring with turnkey solutions.
4. What do you consider your greatest accomplishment to date? My greatest accomplishment has been and will hopefully continue to be throughout my career the impact I have on others, my team, peers and organization. I believe if you are leading people and not seeing your impact on them as your potential greatest accomplishment one needs to evaluate why you are in a leadership position.
5. What is the best piece of advice you have ever received? Independence and education = power. Never relinquish your independence allowing someone else to sit in the drivers’ seat of your life.
6. What is the most important skill you have developed in your career? The ability to make a decision and stand behind it – keep things moving forward not become stagnant by the inability to make a decision or paralyzed by the fear of making the wrong decision. Soft skills, emotional intelligence, knowing how to read a room, when to speak but to mostly listen, and the ability to bring people together cross departmentally to work toward a common goal.
7. What are your hobbies or interests? As a lifelong equestrian I enjoy satiating my competitive spirit competing my show Hunter, as well as living an active lifestyle by working out and running. I am a big college football fan always rooting on my West Virginia Mountaineers to a victory. I also love entertaining an eclectic group of friends with creative cocktails, fabulous dinners, and great conversation.