Headquartered in Tampa, DDS Lab is one of the fastest growing dental labs in the country. We are a multi-national medical device manufacturer with operations in China and US. Providing custom dental prosthetic solutions to large and small dental practices, our comprehensive product offering includes crowns and bridges, implant abutments, dentures and orthodontics. We are currently seeking a Manager to develop and lead the Quality/Compliance department and manage a small team of direct reports.
The Quality Manager is responsible maintaining key quality performance metrics, performing appropriate root cause analysis and driving the improvement associated with these KPIs across all DDS Lab departments. Examples of quality KPIs are Customer Complaints, Remakes, Repairs, Error Tracking, PL Cases, On-Time Ship. for driving quality improvement maintaining and improving to standard operating procedures and operational guidelines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
● Establish dashboard of KPIs, posting and/or distributing these so all employees have visibility to these KPIs.
● Establish quality improvement goals to drive needed improvement. Organize periodic quality review meetings to drive support for goal achievement.
● Enhance and improve the Customer Feedback System to ensure resolution for escalated feedback is communicated back to customers. Perform trend and root cause analysis on feedback to drive improvement for all feedback categories.
● Improve reporting for Remake and Repair KPIs.
● Assume ownership for DDS Lab controlled documents and lead efforts to make changes to SOPs and work instructions required to drive improvement. Utilize these documents to train the Tampa work force.
● Interface with Sales, Finance, Product Management, Operations and Human Resources to collect and share customer and product intel, scheduling routine meetings and collaborating on projects related to quality or customer complaint initiatives.
● Develop production audit capabilities for appropriate functional areas of the Tampa operation. Retrain Tampa employees as needed to improve efficiency and quality.
● Create and maintain company quality documentation, such as quality manuals, quality procedures, SOPs and training guides, etc.
● Function as the quality liaison DDS Lab customers, the Tampa and Shenzhen organizations. Ensure that quality requirements and procedures are communicated and implemented in both DDS locations and, where appropriate, with third party suppliers.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
● Ability to learn complex IT systems, manage and analyze data. Ability to make compelling, analytical presentations in PowerPoint.
● Ability to process map established processes and perform process engineering improvements to drive improvement and efficiency.
● Ability to lead effective problem solving team across many functional areas of DDS Lab including Sales, Marketing, Account Management, suppliers and Operations.
● Able to lead a process with little outside direction, taking initiative to build reports, run analysis, contact customers, as well as other tasks that aide in staying abreast of the current state of complaints
● Ability to identify and communicate resolutions to complex issues in an effective manner to customers and stake holders.
● Basic knowledge of quality principles
● Strong technical writing/document writing skills
● Experience with QMS, corrective action documentation processes & procedures
● Ability to multi-task, use personal judgment and utilize strong decision making skills
● Collaborative, able to bring employees at all levels of the organization together for projects
● Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
● Five plus years’ experience in a quality or operations leadership position within a sophisticated process driven environment
● Experience in support of a sophisticated quality system, proprietary compliant system, proprietary case log system, management dashboard and Tableau
Please apply at ddslab.com/careers or email email@example.com.
P: 813.753.9934 (direct) 877.337.7800 (main)
E: firstname.lastname@example.org (direct) email@example.com (main)
5440 Beaumont Center Blvd,
Suite 400 / Tampa, FL 33634