1. How long have you been a BAMA member? 7 years, 3 years on the Board
2. What do you like most about being a BAMA member? Teaming up with such a great bunch of people all working together for a great cause … advancing the manufacturing community in our region. Building meaningful relationships and sharing our passion for manufacturing. And yes, we have fun along the way!
3. Tell us about Accelerate Results Group? We offer “common sense, low-cost approaches … covering assessment through transformation … building high performance cultures” . Leadership, lean and kaizen. Our Why: We believe inside everyone is an innovator. Unleashing this is powerful. What we do works … because it is human nature. I have been very fortunate to learn best practices from the leading practitioners in the world. Sharing this in BAMA RoundTables and with clients is very rewarding.
4. What do you consider your greatest accomplishment to date? Working with over thirty companies (twelve who are BAMA members) on leadership development, lean and quality and receiving an average score of 9.6 out of 10.0. Even more proud of the positive experiences and testimonials and watching these companies grow and succeed.
5. What is the best piece of advice you have ever received? Be yourself but be your best self.
6. What is the most important skill you have developed in your career? Engaging everyone in continuous improvement. This will allow you to dramatically increase the rate at which you innovate and improve.
7. What are your hobbies or interests? Most sports, pheasant hunting in Iowa, travel with family.