Sr Test Technician
Immediate Supervisor George Harrington
Employment Status Full Time Non-Exempt Hourly
Based in Clearwater, FL
JOB SUMMARY :
• Lays out, builds, tests, troubleshoots, repairs and modifies developmental and production electronic assemblies, components, and test equipment.
• Inspects, tests, and diagnoses customers failed units upon arrival; provides dispositions to engineering and executes final dispositions.
• Designs and builds test fixtures for manufacturing or engineering use.
• Analyze, troubleshoot, and repair failed units produced during manufacturing processes.
• Performs preventative maintenance (PM) on tools and machinery in order to ensure equipment is working to manufacturers specifications.
• Become first line of support for manufacturing, identifying and resolving manufacturing/test defects and escalating when appropriate.
• Inspect board output to ensure that IPC 610 and J-standards are being met.
• Follows all safety procedures, good housekeeping procedures, and abides by all company policies and all labor laws.
• Maintains a neat, clean, safe, and organized work area.
• Must be able to lift 25 lbs unassisted.
• Performs other assigned duties as instructed.
• Must be able to work with others to achieve a common goal.
• Discusses problems, discrepancies, and details with supervisor and/or team leader.
• Ability to read and understand assembly drawings, sketches, standards, and procedures.
• Knowledge of specific tools, including but not limited to, soldering irons, hand tools, torque wrenches and drivers, multi-meters, and other tools required for assembly.
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with attention to detail a necessity.
• Good communication and positive attitude.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• A.S. in electronic related in field or;
• 1 year certificate from and accredited college or technical school or;
• 2 years’ experience in a related field.
• One year wave solder operation experience preferred.
To apply: Email Michelle.Damiano@Emerson.com
or go online at Emerson. com to apply
• Select ASCO Power Technologies
• Surge Protection
• Sr Test Technician