Title: Program Manager
Manage and direct the daily execution of contract requirements to assure that cost, schedules and performance goals are met. Lead all meetings and the integrated product team (kick-off through project close). Provide interface, communication and coordination with internal and external customers on matters pertaining to existing contracts and bid and proposal activities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage and direct the daily execution of contract requirements to assure that cost, schedules and performance goals are met
• Lead all meetings and the integrated product team (kick-off through project close)
• Provide interface, communication and coordination with internal and external customers on matters pertaining to existing contracts and bid and proposal activities
• Participate as a team member or leader on bid and proposal activities. Insure that the requirements of the request for proposal are met in the preparation and documentation of bids and proposals
• Actively seek new business opportunities in coordination with Business Development
• Prepare for and participate in contract/subcontract negotiations. While representing Company’s interests, assure that all government regulatory guidance is adhered to.
• Develop and implement plans and schedules to execute contracts/subcontracts. Allocate and control contract budgets for labor, material, travel and purchased services. Report program status to senior management on a monthly basis.
• Formally identify, assess, monitor and mitigate risk throughout the program life cycle. Obtains management approval prior to making decisions that will cause deterioration of established program, cost and schedule objectives.
• Develop and implement corrective action plans when deviations from budgets and/or schedules are evident. Seek senior management assistance in resolving schedule and budget problems as they arise.
• Perform variance analysis of schedule and cost on a formal and informal basis and present them to senior management (i.e. earned value management system)
• Serve as the primary interface with the customer on all matters involving contract execution. Coordinate with other departments on resolution of contractual problems with the customer.
• Serve as the primary interface on issues pertaining to contract requirements, changes, and interpretations.
• Assure that conduct of contract requirements is executed in accordance with appropriate regulations and Company policies and procedures (i.e.: federal acquisition regulations)
• Provide leadership to program team. Assures communication and cooperation among team members and resolves areas of conflict
• Manage inventory effectively
• Assure a timely closeout of completed programs to ensure that all obligations are satisfied and program documentation is properly recorded
• Understand and develop leading verses lagging indicators
• Develop and execute program corrective action strategies
• Develop and understand principles of program planning (i.e.: developing a Bill of Materials and Basis of Estimate)
• Understand lean and process improvement principles (i.e.: Lean Six Sigma)
• Understand cash flow management principles
• Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization
• Required - B.S./B.A. in an engineering or technical discipline and 12+ years program management experience managing complex projects/programs in a military/DoD environment, including five years of project engineering/management, program management or other supervisory responsibility.
• Experience establishing and maintaining good working relationships in all levels of the organization, including customers, prime contractor organizations, subcontractors, internal management, and support organizations.
• Business Capture experience including new opportunity development, capture, negotiation experience
• Strong leadership and communication skills, including negotiations experience.
• Must have a Portfolio of Programs in which financial objectives (profit, cash flow, revenue, bookings) were achieved
• Knowledge of program management tools and procedures
• Solid Leadership and Management Skills
• Experience throughout the program lifecycle from development through sustainment to include: proposal development, requirements decomposition, generation of system and subsystem statements of work and subcontracts, risk management, and continuous improvement efforts including implementation cost reduction and performance improvement efforts
• Experience with earned value cost accounting and reporting; experience with metrics for assessing and reporting program progress, productivity and variance analysis
• Experience in finance, contracting, export regulations, engineering, logistics, manufacturing and supply chain management
• Excellent Customer Service Skills and solid problem solving skills
• Demonstrated success in managing manpower planning, project reviews, scheduling and budget control
• Excellent leadership and oral and written communication skills
• Must be US Citizen
Additional Desirable qualifications:
Certified, or completing certification, in Program Management (i.e. PMP or DAU level 3)
Contact: Sue Englander at EEI Manufacturing Services